Friday, May 12, 2006

Multiple tasking

After quite an absence, I've chosen to return to the computer early in the morning rather than leaping straight into house reno projects. You can get a lot done between 6 and 8 a.m. when you are feeling focused!

Good thing, because in my house everything gets done at least 2 or 3 times. Here's a list, because I love lists.
  1. Refinishing the floors - redone because the first choice of filler was a horrible shade of gray and did NOT absorb the stain (don't believe everything Minwax tells you.)
  2. Painting - get it all done, hang the pictures, then watch as someone cuts 4-inch circles out of every single stud space so as to blow insulation into the walls.
  3. Repairing the plaster in the stairwell. The plaster gets gouged in the same predictable spots every time furniture, drywall, or large sheets of plywood get moved up the stairs. This was a job I did again last night after my beautiful dining room furniture moved in. I did it without grumbling, because, after all, they did manage to carry it UP THE STAIRS! Saved me $400.00 because we didn't have to use a scissor lift to take it up through the window.
  4. Hanging mirrors. Long story.
  5. Cleaning carpets. My hopeless sense of optimism keeps telling me WE ARE DONE WITH DUST NOW so things get cleaned up.
  6. Cleaning ducts. See above.
  7. Buying cars - okay, I know cars do wear out and need to be replaced, but it irritates me nevertheless.

My mother-in-law door was installed this week, and ended up not being needed for the furniture move. In the end, this is all good. If there was nothing pushing me to do it, the patio would likely never move from the "someday I want....." list. Someone ELSE did the door, so it got done right the first time, and will stay that way!

My style?! Multiple tasking.

2 Comments:

Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

Congrats on getting the gigantic Dining Room suite into the observatory! I had visions of furniture large enough to accomodate 7 foot NBA players.

Does a Mother-in-law door swing both ways...I mean open and closed ya silly.
A Mother-in-Law door should be like the automatic sliding doors that they had on the USS Enterprise, remember Star Trek. Every time it opens you hear this....SSSHHH!

5:59 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

Carol-- I should have followed my heart yesterday as I passed by Maple Leaf and thought of turning right and swinging by your house. As ever, the clock won out. Still I BADLY want to see the furniture and door!! Are the Asian relatives wondering what they've done yet, in terms of accomodation?!

6:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home