Friday, May 19, 2006

Peaceful, no terrorism

I've always loved reading the creations of children, whether they be stories, journals, or their opinions of what makes Manitoba a great place to live.

I was in a small rural Manitoba town this morning, waiting beside the school office for the resource teacher. As I waited, I perused the display on the wall. There were multiple maps of Manitoba, accompanied by write-ups of what makes Manitoba wonderful.

Now I happen to be a person who loves where I live - the wide open prairie, the incredible clouds, the sunsets, the variety of landscapes, the people. There's the rugged Canadian shield full of rock, crystal clear lakes, and pine forests, then a prairie desert with dunes and rolling hills.

The descriptions I saw this morning included hunting, wildlife, great communities, and the unexpected mention of affordable housing?! These kids are all of 8 years old!

But the one that took the cake said simply "Peaceful, no terrorism."

A good place to be.

4 Comments:

Blogger joyce said...

Carol- I am commenting from a particularily gorgeous spot in MB. And I am with you-- there's no place like home!

7:08 AM  
Blogger Darius said...

Sounds wonderful. I once had a seven year old look up at me from across the table - I was working in the public schools - and say, no kidding: "You actually get paid for this??"

1:22 PM  
Blogger Romeo Morningwood said...

That is cool and hopefully we will always be irrelevent enough for this serenity to remain fully intact.

Whateverpeg wards off attention with it's reverse psychology..complaining about everything...we're afraid that if others discover it that we will lose it. That's weird, but it seems to work.

Humanitoba is an amazing place; from polar bears to deserts to lakes to prairies where you can watch your dog run away..for two days...it is cool.
(but don't tell anyone!)

7:43 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

How did Darius find us?

9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home