Thursday, August 10, 2006

Heart, soul, and mind

Being human is complicated. Being human, and living with a bunch of other humans, makes it much MORE complicated.

We think with our brains, but feel with our hearts. I tend to fall to the extreme of the logical side; thinking too much at times, liking things that work out like math. If "X" is true, then "Y" will follow.

But words are tricky devils. Taken on their own, delivered black and white like a bunch of letters on a paper, they mean one thing. When delivered by real people, with emotion, the same words take on a life of their own, sending intended and unintended messages to the receivers.

My head knows that. My heart, however, can go wild with possibilities and cause me no end of pain and sadness when words come at me in what I perceive to be personal attacks.

It's hard to get the head connected with the heart, to really feel what you know to be truth.

That's where love comes in. Words spoken in love have a completely different power that is capable of bringing healing and peace. Of making the heart and head connect.

Lucky are we who are loved.

3 Comments:

Blogger paulmerrill said...

Totally agreed! Love goes a long way.

Thanks for your comment on my blog. Life is looking better since I wrote that.

10:03 PM  
Blogger joyce said...

this is a beautiful post.

10:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your post (Brian did you get that...POST, not blog)brought me to tears. Nice, comforting, warm & "love" tears. I'm with Joyce, beautiful.....that's all for now. Love, Kettie

9:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home