Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Cousins part 2

Every summer, I host cousin camp for all the girl cousins. Why not the boys, you ask? Well, there are only a few boys, and they turn pretty green at the prospect of a sleepover with a whole pile of girls. So this is how I ended up with the above group of lovely girls, ages 5 to 15, for an afternoon of old-fashioned party games, pizza dinner, late-night glow bowling, and then a little bit of sleep.

Besides cultivating my own relationships with each of the girls, I love to see them together as cousins. One of the things Grace (see cousin post) and I talked about last week was how much she missed having the big extended family around while she was growing up. You see, Grace moved away after her uncle died in a farming accident. He and her dad operated a dairy farm together. After the uncle died, Grace´s dad left farming to take a job in Saskatchewan.

So she grew up with only occasional contact with all of us cousins, and thankfully, has been able to reconnect now that we´re all grown up. (Sort of.)

So me and the girls have our camp every summer, except for last year when I was not able to be upright for more than a few minutes at a time. One of their favorite games is a clothing relay. There are two piles of clothes, and they take turns grabbing something and putting it on. It all has to get layered, and the end results look something like the top picture. Once again, technology defeats me, and I cannot seem to get the picture to appear below...........

Herès to great memories, cousins, and lots of love.


4 Comments:

Blogger lettuce said...

neices are just wonderful, aren't they?

(nephews too of course, in a different way)

12:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Carlotti,
Beautiful post (easy for me to say since I think those girls are just wonderful and lovely...and the fact that I'm mother to one of them and auntie to the rest!!!!). So, here's to you Carlotti...you're the best & don't ever stop this great auntie thing that you've got going on. "Ziya Fane".....Kettie
Was this after June27th? Beautiful pictures.

9:34 PM  
Blogger Carlotti said...

Yes, this was after June 27th. Sometime in August, I think. Thanks for the lovely affirmation. I love being an auntie!

4:40 AM  
Blogger Linda said...

What a lovely idea and great picture!

9:20 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home