Saturday, October 28, 2006

Salt water surrounds it


This was my seat-mate on last week's flight to my favorite (and only) Arctic workplace. The portapotty not only offers relief for those who drank too much coffee before the 3 1/2 hour flight, it also serves as a handy spot to park your sandwich and newspaper. The blue thing is the shower curtain you can ?wrap around yourself? for privacy should you feel the need to eliminate waste in the presence of all your new best friends.












And, should your packing skills lack focus, and you packed the bag of Halls in your suitcase, and should you find yourself wanting something soothing to prevent 3 1/2 hours of coughing, you can conveniently reach into the baggage compartment to pull things out of your suitcase.






The view through the plane window can be quite spectacular. At this time of year, with fog being a predominant weather feature, it can also look a lot like this. It can look a lot like this until moments before landing. I was thinking Monday's landing would be one of these
white
white
white
white
THUD
sorts of landings, until I looked out my window to suddenly see this:


What a lovely sight.

We had spectacular views of the Belchers all the way down. It was

2 Comments:

Blogger Brian the Mennonite said...

Nicely done, Carol.
You'll make and excellent "old" person many years from now with all the stories you'll be able to tell. And you're reserve of Karma must be busting at the seams by now.
I don't think I'd have a big steak dinner the night before one of those flights. Perhaps limit it to some lettuce.

6:56 AM  
Blogger joyce said...

I am so glad that you shared that. we don't get to see that, ever. Now I have a much better mind picture.
thank you.

9:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home